Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hudson Taylor

I've been learning a little bit about Hudson Taylor since I've been at Orientation.  Hudson spent over 50 years in China and made a huge impact on the people there.  Here are a few of my favorite quotes from him:

I am no longer anxious about anything, as I realize the Lord is able to carry out His will, and His will is mine. It makes no matter where He places me, or how. That is rather for Him to consider than for me; for in the easiest positions He must give me His grace, and in the most difficult, His grace is sufficient.

 The Great Commission is not an option to be considered; it is a command to be obeyed.

Many Christians estimate difficulty in the light of their own resources, and thus they attempt very little and they always fail. All giants have been weak men who did great things for God because they reckoned on His power and presence to be with them.


As our Father makes many a flower to bloom unseen in the lonely desert, [let us] do all that we can do, as under God's eye, though no other eye ever take note of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment