Sunday, June 24, 2012

One Month and Counting

I leave for China in ONE MONTH!  I can't believe it! I've spent the past few days at New Staff Orientation for the organization I'll be working for.  I am so impressed with the leadership and their vision...they have far exceeded my expectations.  We have heard story after story of students, staff, and community members who have been touched by these schools.  I was a little apprehensive about Orientation, but it has been wonderful so far.  I've been able to connect with other people who are also going to China.  It's been such a huge encouragement to meet other people who not only share my passion for teaching but also my love for the Chinese people.  It's also a relief to know that I'm not the only one who is feeling completely overwhelmed and anxious (although my anxiety is much less than it was a week ago).  Some of the girls I've met are going to different cities, so it's a little bit sad that I won't be working with them but a little bit exciting because it will give me an excuse to get out and do some traveling in China!

Starting today, there are people here for Pre-Field Orientation who are going all over the world to teach, not just to China.  One thing that has struck me is the wide range of people who are going overseas to teach.  There are actually a lot of single girls my age who are going.  There are also several young couples, families with small children, families with older children, and older couples whose children are grown.  It just shows that God can call anyone to serve Him in other parts of the world.

Here are some answers to questions I've had: 

-My Visa paperwork is moving (slowly) and should be in on time.
-Someone will come get me from the airport and take me home to my new apartment.
-People from the school will take me to get a phone, bike, internet, stuff for my apartment, etc. the first week I'm there.
-My apartment will be furnished when I get there and there will be food in the fridge and sheets on the bed.  Praise the Lord for that!
-I have a roommate!  She's amazing!


2 weeks of training left...

No comments:

Post a Comment