Saturday, January 18, 2014

a meaningful walk

Today I went with a friend to pray over the new 弃婴岛 that I blogged about last week.  It was a really special though personal experience, so I don't have much to say about it.  I would like to share some photos of the gate and the neighborhood surrounding it. Please join me in lifting up the children who will be left in this place.
I really love this neighborhood.  Since the orphanage moved to a new location last winter, I have really missed walking down these streets each Saturday and peeking into the alleyways.
It's a quirky little area with interesting restaurants and people.

This prayer doesn't really seem to apply, but for some reason it kept coming to my mind today.
Oh, Jesus!  Grant that you would be the object of my thoughts and affections.
The subject of my conversations, the end of my actions, the model of my life, my support in death, and my reward.
To know you, Christ.
-Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment