Saturday, December 1, 2012

More Thailand - A Day with the Elephants

On Saturday we only had to attend the conference until noon, so we had all afternoon to see Thailand.  I chose to go see the elephants, and it far exceeded my expectations!  We got to ride them, feed them, and watch the trainers give them baths. My favorite part of the day was by far seeing their tricks.  Several of the elephants were standing near the fence, so we moved closer to get a quick photo.  The next thing we knew they were wrapping their trunks around us, putting hats on our heads, kissing us, and then asking for money.  It was a big surprise!  We couldn't resist, of course, so we let them do their tricks and then gave them money...multiple times.  It made for really fun pictures and I can say, "I got kissed by an elephant!"

I wish I could hang out on an elephant all day.... Maybe if teaching doesn't work out.


1 comment:

  1. How amazing, I love all the pictures!!
    **And I thought it was so cool to ride an elephant at the circus!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete