Thursday, August 16, 2012

My New Classroom :)


Here are a few picture of my new kindergarten classroom.  It was a lot of work to get it set up... My TA was a HUGE help - I have been so thankful for her this week!  I've never had to have a dramatic play area or block area...or computers for that matter...so it was a challenge for me to figure out what what I was doing! I've already moved some things around since I took these pictures a few days ago...haha.

Calendar Area - Nevermind the wrong date...It was a long week. I fixed it before school started. :)
Reading center
Dramatic Play Center...I love the combo of silverware and chopsticks.  :)
My classroom!

8 comments:

  1. IT LOOKS GREAT!! I LOVE THE UPDATES! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look great!!!

    So were the English skills of your kiddos lower than expected?? I thought they were all supposed to speak English? Good luck!!! I'm glad your first day went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The school as a whole requires a certain level of English proficiency, but the Early Childhood Center is a little different. :) I have 4 native English speakers and the other 11 are ESL. Most of them have at least some English receptive language...

      Delete
  3. Molly,
    I probably missed this in a previous post but Are you teaching English students that live in China or Chineese students who are supposed to be able to speak english?
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris,

    I'm actually teaching non-Chinese, non-English speaking students...haha. I have a few who are native English speakers, and some of them have a little English. It's an international school.

    ReplyDelete