Thursday, March 21, 2013

The gym by the back gate

My roommate and I recently discovered a gym by the back gate of our apartment complex.  Apartment complex is a loose term....it's more like a small city.  Anyway, we found a gym.  We decided to go in and check it out, because it would be nice to have a gym so close to home, right? 

Well.

As we were standing at the entrance of the dark, creepy stairwell, we weren't sure if we were going to go through with it or not.  There was an elevator that wasn't working, so the stairs were the only option.  As per usual, there were no lights or windows in the stairwell, so we speed-walked to the top.  Along the way we saw pictures of gross body builders and gymnasts, so we figured we were on the right track.  We got to the top of the stairs and there was no entrance into the gym.  So we ventured out onto the balcony and saw an open door a little ways down.  Not the most convenient place for an entrance.  We walked into the lobby to find a pool table and a few men hanging out and smoking.  Smoking. In the gym.  That can't be good for the cardiovascular system.  I asked the guy at the desk if we could look around, and he said sure (I think).  Aside from the layer of cigarette smoke, the gym itself was small but seemed pretty normal.  There were weights, machines, yoga mats, etc.  There was also a studio for classes, although I have no idea what classes are offered.....

I guess we'll find out! :) We're going tonight for a free trial workout.  I'm sure I'll have more to blog about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment