Sunday, June 9, 2013

A new bike, a free bell, and an anime sticker

Today I bought a new bike!
I love it!  The store where we bought it was really awesome!  Check out their website - yolike.com.cn.  You custom design the bike - everything from the frame to the chain to the spokes can be mixed and matched.  I could have chosen twenty different colors for my bike if I wanted to.  (I was there for a REALLY long time and tried every possible color combination before I settled on the green, orange, black, and white.  I'm pretty sure they were ready to kick me out of the store on the grounds of indecisiveness.)

After I picked up my bike I had to go to a nearby market to have them put a kickstand on my shiny new green bike.  (They don't put kickstands on at YoLike...apparently they aren't aesthetically pleasing? I'm usually all for cuteness over practicality, but no kickstand is annoying.) I bought my old bike from the guys at the White Market, so I went there for my kickstand. They gave me a kickstand, making sure to scratch up my new paint while they worked.  BUT the good news is they gave me a tacky anime sticker to cover up the chipped paint.  That was so generous of them. They also threw in a free bell for my handlebars, but not before offering us a seat and a cold beer.  Gotta love the bike guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment