Monday, September 9, 2013

ten...years...

Recently I was notified that it's almost time for my ten year high school reunion.

Ten years.  A decade.  Shí nián.  十年.

After the initial shock and depression over my age passed, I started thinking about everything that's happened over the past ten years...all of the ups and downs.  My life doesn't look anything like I thought it would, but I'm so thankful that God has used my time since high school to give me amazing adventures, grow my faith, and make Himself so real to me.  During these ten years I...

1. finished my Bachelor's Degree in almost 4 years.
2. spent a month in Chile.
3. got my first teaching job.
4. lost my dad to cancer.
5. bought a house.
6. bought and then immediately gave away two dogs (on two separate occasions).
7. made some amazing friends, and saw many of them get married and have babies.
8. was blessed to be part of two amazing house churches.
9. was laid off and re-hired by the same school three years in a row.
10. moved to China.

...and much, much more.

 I'm so thankful for this unique, unexpected life!

No comments:

Post a Comment